The LAGV calendar is bursting with exciting concerts, recitals and shows throughout the year.
Explore the tabs below for more information about our different events or use the calendar and links on the right to view the list of upcoming events in each category.
- Les Dimanches Musicaux
- LAGV productions
- Hosted events
- Cathedral Choir
LAGV sponsors the extremely popular “Les Dimanches Musicaux” (Music on Sundays), a free entrance concert series created to showcase talented musicians.
“Les Dimanches Musicaux” concerts take place on most Sundays throughout the year from September to November and from January to June. Concerts begin at 3pm and last for approximately 50 minutes.
Musicians who successfully apply for participating in “Les Dimanches Musicaux” are entitled to perform in the nave of the Cathedral free of charge. In a very competitive and increasingly tentative world, LAGV is pleased and proud to be able to provide this service to aspiring as well as confirmed musicians. LAGV also sees “Les Dimanches Musicaux” concert series as a way of inviting the Parisian community into the American Cathedral, thus fulfilling one of LAGV’s goals which is to make the music programs at the American Cathedral better known to the Parisian public. Although entry is free, donations are gratefully accepted at the end of the performances.
A prescreening process is used to select appropriate groups and to ensure the quality of the performances.
LAGV has co-produced many musical events at the American Cathedral. Past productions have included:
- Gilbert and Sullivan operettas The Mikado, HMS Pinafore, The Pirates of Penzance)
- Ahmal and the The Night Visitors by Gianocarlo Minotti
- Cabaret Nights featuring music from the Great American Songbook (Rogers and Hammerstein, Lorenz Hart, Cole Porter, Harold Arlen ..., to name but a few)
- piano improvisations on classical music (Alexander Kato-Willis)
- "American Musical Theatre Live" and an apéritif musical
Hosted events offer varied programs from outside individuals or groups that range from Gospel singers to visiting American choirs. Events are hosted in one of the two venues managed by LAGV: the Cathedral or the Parish Hall.
- See our Venues Guide for more information about our two venues available for rent.
- For information about hosting services, space availability and pricing, please contact LAGV’s President Nancy Brune ().
The American Cathedral Choir is a world class choir made up of professional and rigorously selected amateur singers.
In addition to singing at the Sunday services at the American Cathedral in Paris the Cathedral Choir sings at special services, such as the very popular "Nine Lessons and Carols" in December just prior to Christmas.
The Cathedral Choir also gives concert performances of major choral works.